I introduce to you your new favorite protein bar. I’m so glad the two of you are now formally acquainted, because a long, happy future spent together will certainly be the result. With a measly five minutes of preparation, 89 cents, and 23.8 grams of protein it’s no wonder you’re already in love.
The nice thing is we don’t mind sharing, and also, these protein bars taste better than anything that your local supermarket can offer.
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
1/2 cup skim milk - $0.04
1 cup creamy peanut butter - $1.74
1 1/4 cups of vanilla whey protein powder - $4.56
2 cups rolled oats - $0.76
- Heat peanut butter and milk in a medium-large stockpot, just heating until warm and thoroughly mixed together.
- Remove from heat, and add protein powder and rolled oats.
- Press into a 9” x 13” pan (it may help to use plastic wrap to press mixture down). Cover, and freeze for fifteen minutes, then cut into eight pieces.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
Total Cost: $7.10
Cost Per Serving: $0.89
Healthy alfredo pasta:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 package shirataki noodles
- 4 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese (light)
- 4 tbsp milk
- salt& pepper to taste
- 2 tsp parmesan
- Empty your shirataki noodles into a bowl, and fill, until just covered with warm-hot water. Steam your cauliflower& broccoli until tender.
- Take a large skillet and heat to medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once heated, add your chopped garlic and sautee until golden brown. When golden brown, add your onions and sautee until they become transparent like.
- Add your broccoli and cauliflower to the skillet and sautee on low while preparing the next step.
- Drain your noodles and add the milk and laughing cow wedges. Mix and try to crush the wedges into the mixture.
- Take the noodle mixture and add to the skillet and cook for 30-60 seconds. Take off stove and place in two bowls. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve. ENJOY!199 calories per serving
**If you do not like a strong garlic taste, reduce the amount to just 2 cloves; and if you want the sauce to be thicker, add 1 tbsp of cornstarch to the noodle, milk and cheese mixture.
100% Natural Pancakes with no flour, gluten free, super easy! Only 2 ingredients!
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- Mix together, spray pan with PAM, EVOO, or coconut oil, pour batter on, flip, eat, done.
Under 250 cals and nearly 14g of protein. Flourless, gluten free, super easy, ultra healthy, 100% natural!!!!
Healthy Peanut Butter cookies!
Only 36 calories per cookie!
- 1 Cup Peanut butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 egg
Mix the peanut butter and sugar first then add in the egg and baking soda. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees. They’re delicious!
I just did this tonight!!!
I was really worried that because it didn’t require butter or flour or anything that they wouldn’t be soft or yummy or anything
NO, NO TRUE AT ALL, THESE ARE AMAZING. I suggest waiting 15 minutes or so to cool, but they are SO GOOD. OMG.
i want to try making these!
i made these with 3/4 cup of sugar instead of 1 cup and they were amazing
As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
Allrecipes.com is easily one of the best recipe sites online.. but sifting through a million recipes to find yummy & healthy recipes can be hard. The healthy section has a lot of lol-worthy “healthy” options (cinnamon sugar pork rinds? are you serious? in the healthy section? ok.) & There’s a ton of great healthy recipes buried in other sections around the site. Here’s a list of some worth looking at!
PS - when you change the number of servings, it automatically scales the ingredients down for you!
- Vegan Crepes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Autumn Apple Salad
- Double Whole Grain Pancakes
- Egg White Crepes
- Fluffy Canadian Pancakes
- Dairy & Gluten Free Pancakes
- Eggy Veggie Bake
- Poached Egg Caprese
- Gluten Free Hot Breakfast Cereal
- Quinoa Pudding
- Omelet in a Mug
- Tofu Quiche with Broccoli
- Suppertime Egg Burritos
- Black Bean Breakfast Bowl
- Zucchini and Eggs
- Almond Chicken Salad
- Barbie’s Tuna Salad
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Black Bean Burger
- Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Cranberry and Cilantro Quinoa Salad
- Orzo and Shrimp Salad with Asparagus
- Vegan Falafel
- BBQ Tuna Fritters
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Simple Turkey Chili
- No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Coconut Curry Tofu
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- Garlic and Rosemary Chicken
- Vegetarian “Meatloaf”
- Paprika Chicken
- Lentils and Spinach
- Vegan Taco Filling
- Vegan Lasagna
- Thai Spiced BBQ Shrimp
- Whole Wheat & Honey Pizza Crust
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Baked Salmon
- Taco Salad
- Tofu and Veggies in Peanut Sauce
- Stuffed Peppers
- Turkey Burgers
- Crispy Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Spaghetti Squash
- Peppermint Meringues
- Grilled Peaches with Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Pie for Dieters
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Spiced Baked Apples
- Gluten Free Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake
- Honeysuckle Pineapple
- No Bake Peanut Butter Nuggets
- Chocolate Banana Tofu Pudding
- Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
- Low Sugar Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Orange Sponge Cake Roll
- Fresh Fruit Minty Dip
- Dark Chocolate Bark
- Banana Cookies
- “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
- Baked Stuffed Pears
- Crunchy Macaroons
- Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
- Fruity Fun Skewers
- Baked Kale Chips
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Pita Chips
- Eggplant Chips
- Cajun Popcorn
Healthy Banana Muffins — No butter added.
Nutrition: Makes 12 Muffins. Calories: 75 calories per muffin.
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- PAM sprayDirections:
- Blend egg, milk, and bananas together until smooth. Add sugar.
- Combine white flour, wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a different bowl.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and blend well.
- Spray muffin pan well with PAM or use paper muffin cups.
- Pour batter about 3/4 way full in each spot in the muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for between 15-20 minutes. (It took me 18 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.Tips: Try it with walnuts, or adding peanut butter like frosting to the top of the banana muffin. Its delicious.
Wholewheat Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes
Blueberry Pie Pancakes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup flour (ww pastry, white, spelt, Bob’s gluten-free, etc.)
- 2 T rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 T sugar or 1 packet stevia (omit if you don’t want sweet pancakes)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- Unless you like the taste of fat-free pancakes, add 1 T oil and reduce milk by that amount.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, but don’t overmix. Cook on an oiled (or sprayed) pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once.
Top with syrup, powdered sugar, or Coconut Glaze.
Or you could even boil some more blueberries (with a bit of sugar, if you wish), and smash them, to make a compote.
OMG YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
Blueberry-Oat Quick Bread
Makes one loaf
1 cup blueberries, washed and dried
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking or steel-cut)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease one loaf pan.
Toss the berries with 1/4 cup of the flour. This will help keep them from sinking in the batter.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and stir gently until you see no more dry flour. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, rotating the pan partway through. The loaf is done when the top is puffed and dry, and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
from Kitchen Confidante
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup creamy vanilla yogurt
1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Adjust sweetness if necessary with more sugar. When the sugar is dissolved, lower heat to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and chill until completely cool.
Take 1/2 of the sauce and stir together with the vanilla yogurt and Greek yogurt. Pour into the pre-frozen bowl of your ice cream maker and churn for about 30 minutes, or until it has achieved a thick, frozen yogurt consistency. Enjoy immediately or store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer. Serve with remaining strawberry sauce.
Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/2 an apple - grated or chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together oats, egg whites, protein powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped or grated apple pieces.
- Pour half of the mixture on a pan or griddle sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Flip until they become golden brown on both sides.
- Top with extra apple slices and syrup or natural nut butter and enjoy :)